Pages

22.8.11

Fatigue

I drowned the sharp ticking of the clock in the fat sound of a deep yawn. It felt like there was a huge gap between me and that thing which I perceived as being the world. People were running around like rabbits with ribbons wrapped around their wrists, leaving nothing behind but an enormous innocent fart. 
If I didn't know any better, I'd believe I was different. I was living in the shade, rather than dying in the sun. I was floating on a breeze and not drowning in the storm. Yes, if I didn't know any better, I'd believe my love was mature, none of that puppy love could throw me off course. Of course, I did know somewhat better.

She anchored her ship in the shade, and slowly set down her feet on the shore. Leaving traces in the sand, she came with the sun to hide from the smell. I felt slop solidifying in the corner of my eyes, as I blinked to adjust to the new exposure. She asked questions in reasonable doubt, which I answered in unreasonable belief. I spoke like a turtle and she smiled like a bunny while tying the ribbon in her hair.
I whispered the silent whisper of a gasp and felt my cartilaginous shell melt and then vaporize into thin air. The smell forced me to step out and find comfort in the shade of her bosom, which she kindly offered as my new home. 

Now her beating heart is my wristwatch. I do not feel the need for lazy lamentations any more, but can finally hop along our chaotic existence and eventually die gracefully in the sun.

No comments: